Holiday Gifts for Keeping Warm
Baby, it’s about to get real cold outside! Based on how our late fall has been going it doesn’t look like we are going to have a mild winter like last year. That means you need to be keeping the people on your holiday list warm and comfy. Take a look at what some of our office staff suggests.
- Hand Warmers! Having cold hands can be miserable. Keep them warm for 7 hours with Grabber Hand Warmers.
- Merino Wool or Polar Fleece Buffs! They don’t call it multi-functional headwear for nothing. You can wear it as a hat, neck warmer, but our favorite when it’s really cold is to cover your nose and mouth.
- Sorel Tofino II Boot! 100g insulation keep your tootsies warm and a waterproof coated canvas upper that is over 10 inches tall keeps them dry. Add in a faux fur collar for some style and you are ready to get outside. Don’t worry guys, there are some toasty Sorels for you too.
- The North Face Transit Jacket! Not only is this jacket made with 550 fill goose down, but The North Face Transit has an amazingly warm down cocoon brimmed hood to wrap your head in the ultimate warmth.
- Stanley Insulated Mug! You’re going to be needing an abundance of hot beverages to warm you from the inside. The Stanley Hand Vac Mug will keep your hot chocolate hot for 6 hours, and feel free to add an adult beverage of your choice for that extra kick of warmth.
- Patagonia Down Sweater! Responsibly sourced 800 fill goose down makes you feel like you are wearing a blanket. Add to that the 100% recycled polyester fabric shell and not only will you be warm, but you will feel good that your Patagonia Down Sweater is helping Mother Nature.
- The North Face Aconcagua Vest! Keep your core warm! The Aconcagua Vest has 550 fill goose down throughout the body and 150g Heatseeker Insulation on the side panels and collar for better movement on the go.
- Pistil Designs Imelda Hat! Don’t let heat escape through your head. Keep your noggin warm with the laid-back slouch Imelda Hat. It’s itch free and has a large pom on top for a little fun.
- Darn Tough Socks! Merino wool is the ultimate in temperature regulation. Trust me, your feet will thank you later after wearing a pair of Darn Tough Socks. Added bonus, they are knit in Vermont!
- The North Face Chilkat II Boot! These boots are seriously warm. In fact they are rated to keep your feet warm to -25 degree temperatures with their The North Face Heatseeker 200g Insulation.
- Marmot Warmest Mitt! Not only is the Warmest Mitt already very warm with Primaloft Insulation, there is also a pocket to put a Hand Warmer for even added warmth.
- Smartwool Mid 250 Tops & Bottoms! If I’m going outside to do any activity in the winter you better believe I have Smartwool baselayers on. The next to skin layering of the merino wool helps keep my body temperature regulated. It’s what my first layer was during my winter ascent of Mt. Washington when the wind chill was -50 degrees.
Remember, there is no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong gear!