5th Annual Run the Gauntlet 5k Obstacle Race
5th Annual Run the Gauntlet
Lighthouse Point Park, New Haven
*New Location for 2016*
Sunday, October 9, 2016
Join us for our 5th Annual Run the Gauntlet 5K Obstacle Race. Run the Gauntlet is part of the Denali Gauntlet Race Series (Denali’s Rock the Gauntlet is held in the Spring each year at East Rock Park in New Haven). With Hammonasset Beach State Park closed to all events this year we are moving down the road to Ligthhouse Point Park in New Haven. Don’t worry, there will still be sand to run on!
Run the Gauntlet features a 5K course with 15-20 man-made and natural obstacles along the Connecticut Shoreline. After the race, participants are invited to enjoy a post-race party featuring pi zza from Old World Pizza Truck, beer from Thimble Island Brewing Company, and live entertainment. Proceeds from Run the Gauntlet 2016 will directly support The Denali Foundation Scholarship Fund for children attending the Soundview Family YMCA Summer Camp Program in Branford.
- First 600 registered runners receive a technical running shirt
- Start times of 9AM, 10AM, or 11AM
- Post race beach party
- Top 3 finishers receive awards in each division: 12 & under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, and 80+
- Awards for the top 3 teams in each division: Family, Corporate, Gym/CrossFit, Open, & YMCA
- Lighthouse Point Park Carousel rides with a small donation to Soundview Family YMCA
- Ample free parking on race day
About Lighthouse Point Park
Lighthouse Point Park is situated on the eastern point of New Haven Harbor. While the structure still stands, the light inside has not been lit inside New Haven Light House since 1877. Now the nearby Southwest Ledge Light is the beacon that guides ships into New Haven. On nice summer days the park attracts thousands of people to its beaches for swimming, fishing, picnicking, and relaxing. Back in the 20s the park also hosted football games, track meets, field days, and baseball games. Babe Ruth and Ty Cobb were known to come for Sunday afternoon games.